Announcements:

•Swirly Girl• says:

Welcome to the Lives of Swirly and Speed!


♠Speed♠ says:

*Sigh* Hopefully Swirly will return soon! This blog won't be the same without her, even if it is only for a month...

Thank you to everyone who filled out the survey! :) It is much appreciated!

Followers

Thursday, December 30, 2010

don't

I wrote this poem in response to something I read the other day. I hope you like it. :)

you say you're fine
you've never crossed the line
between beauty and disease

but I can see your eyes
all those twisted lies
your bones right under your skin

you're falling apart
and it's breaking my heart
to watch you struggle...

so just lift your head high
and face the sky
promise me to never let go
don't fade away
stay here today
you're nothing but skin and bones...

Eating disorders ARE a disease, and many teenagers are prone to them by peer pressure. Remember that that girl on TV has been airbrushed and modified so far away from her original body, she may as well be a Photoshop-drawn puppet.

1 interpolation(s):

Brooke said...

That was a wonderful poem, Swirly :) I completely agree with you! I've never met anyone with an eating disorder, but I know that they're terrible.


About Us =)

My photo
I'm not really sure anymore. I really want to sleep.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
All content copyrighted 2010/2011 by US. Nothing may be copied without permission. Powered by Blogger.
Blog Design by Tabby Cat Designs