Announcements:

•Swirly Girl• says:

Welcome to the Lives of Swirly and Speed!


♠Speed♠ says:

*Sigh* Hopefully Swirly will return soon! This blog won't be the same without her, even if it is only for a month...

Thank you to everyone who filled out the survey! :) It is much appreciated!

Followers

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Midnight Storm

As I lie in bed I hear the howling of the next door hound
For shelter he barks and calls
A we hear the signature sound
Of wind against a brick wall


The glow of my alarm clock:
12:07 a.m.
I struggle to get back to sleep so I reach for my pen,
But I merely realize the tireless work of my writing arm


I get up to look out the window
I see trees moving in my backyard
And I watch the sky transform from brightly starred
Into a midnight storm.


After the storm (sunrise):


I made up that poem while I was watching the storm.
Now for some photos I took this afternoon!


I took a bunch of photos of a butterfly, before it flew away. That's why I didn't use the flash. 8D



This is a brussel sprout plant, in case you're wondering. (Ewww!)
Thanks for your time, everyone! (And Swirl, I like the names Catlover and Raindrop.)

4 interpolation(s):

Anonymous said...

Great poem and photos, Speed! I love them!

I was watching you type this, by the way, on Edit Posts. Every time I refreshed the page, it changed ;)

squid said...

Thanks Swirl! I knew it was you here because I clicked on the 'Whos Umung Us' gadget.

How about we eacch make a button? Then the people that come on can take either one, or both?

~~Speed

Anonymous said...

LOL I'm the only person living in Maryland :)

Sure! Great idea!

By the way, my cousin lives in Chicago and she's around your age... It would be weird if you were her :P

♥Warriors101♥ said...

Great pictures! :D


About Us =)

My photo
I'm not really sure anymore. I really want to sleep.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
All content copyrighted 2010/2011 by US. Nothing may be copied without permission. Powered by Blogger.
Blog Design by Tabby Cat Designs