Announcements:

•Swirly Girl• says:

Welcome to the Lives of Swirly and Speed!


♠Speed♠ says:

*Sigh* Hopefully Swirly will return soon! This blog won't be the same without her, even if it is only for a month...

Thank you to everyone who filled out the survey! :) It is much appreciated!

Followers

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Turn Back Time

Could it really be so close to Christmas?

It was only yesterday, in June, I was sauntering through the woods with my little camera, snapping away pointless pictures of the forest and stream behind my old house, wasn't it? It can't have been three months since I moved, can it? Really, where has the year gone?

I want to turn back time.

I want to rewind a little bit, and stay in the moment. Before I moved. Before my personal Great Depression (literally). Before my 10th birthday, when I suddenly realized that life wasn't perfect. To the the days my old, worn collection of magazines read on their front covers, 2006 and 2007 and 2008.

But life isn't perfect, is it?

Before I know it, I'll be making my last trip to the U.S.A. Ever. Our furniture will be shipped and the house will be sold. In a way, I desperately want to return to see my friends (not to mention my dad) again, but the 'goodbye' this time will hurt. A lot.

And then, well, 2011 will make an appearance and I'll be forgetting to write the correct date on my work ('2010' instead of '2011'; something I do every year). And then I'll be a teenager, and where will I be? Something alien to me, something different. Not that I don't want to grow up. I just want to savour the moment first.

I want to turn back time.

2 interpolation(s):

ish said...

What a truthful and heartfelt blog post. We all feel like that at one point... good luck on wherever your journey takes you.

First time reading. But I think it's pretty awesome :)

Brooke said...

I know how you feel. I really do. Sometimes things in the past you just want to re-live, and sometimes you just want to CHANGE things. If you could only know what would happen THAT DAY...
But there's always a new future. It'll never be the same, and you'll always miss the past, but what's a better way to MAKE a pass you miss, then to make your future better than you can imagine? Think of it, one day you'll be looking back, saying "I wish I was that age again... the day when I wrote that one post about missing 2010.


About Us =)

My photo
I'm not really sure anymore. I really want to sleep.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
All content copyrighted 2010/2011 by US. Nothing may be copied without permission. Powered by Blogger.
Blog Design by Tabby Cat Designs