Announcements:

•Swirly Girl• says:

Welcome to the Lives of Swirly and Speed!


♠Speed♠ says:

*Sigh* Hopefully Swirly will return soon! This blog won't be the same without her, even if it is only for a month...

Thank you to everyone who filled out the survey! :) It is much appreciated!

Followers

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hybrid Crosses

(Information by Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and http://www.hemmy.net/2006/06/19/top-10-hybrid-animals/)

In biology and specifically genetics, hybrid has several meanings, all referring to the offspring of reproduction in animals and life. (When two different animals mate)

For example:


The liger is a hybrid cross between a male lion (Panthera leo) and a tigress (Panthera tigris).


A Leopon is the result of breeding a male leopard and a female lion.


A wolphin is a rare hybrid formed from a cross between a bottlenose dolphin and a whale.


A loganberry is a hybrid between raspberry and blackberry. (LOL!!!!)


It's cool, isn't it? When I first learned about Hybrid crosses last year, I was so amazed. Comment and tell me your thoughts!

6 interpolation(s):

Anonymous said...

Love the info! Really cool, Speed!

Loganberry, LOL

Alex Maria said...

Hahaha ^^

I just wanted to thank you for following my blog!! Check who 'your' newest follower is ;)

squid said...

No prob! I got your link from Swirly's Forever Photography blog. I really like your photos!

~~Speed

Briarleaf said...

Wow cool-io! I like the loganberry and the wolphin! LOL! And, ig you want I'll make you guys a header! But only if you want to! And so yeah, cool blog!

Speed not logged in said...

Thanks Briarleaf! It's nice of you to offer! If Swirly Girl likes the idea, I gould find a photo that goes with the background and give it to you.... Swirl, what do you think??

~~Speed

squid said...

(http://www.psdgraphics.com/file/abstract-rainbow-colors.jpg)

That would be the pic... could you edit it to make it smaller? Only if it's not too much trouble, and once I get Swirly Girl's agreement.

~~Speed


About Us =)

My photo
I'm not really sure anymore. I really want to sleep.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
All content copyrighted 2010/2011 by US. Nothing may be copied without permission. Powered by Blogger.
Blog Design by Tabby Cat Designs