Announcements:

•Swirly Girl• says:

Welcome to the Lives of Swirly and Speed!


♠Speed♠ says:

*Sigh* Hopefully Swirly will return soon! This blog won't be the same without her, even if it is only for a month...

Thank you to everyone who filled out the survey! :) It is much appreciated!

Followers

Friday, January 14, 2011

random musings on a friday afternoon

Friday.

The fifth and final day of the school week.

The day you rush home, flop down onto your sofa, and sigh, "It's finally Friday".

After a long, hard week of tests, test revision, and eight homework assignments, there is nothing more I'm looking forward to than the weekend. Anyone else lovin' Fridays at the mo?

As I type, I'm gazing at a wintery gray-and-yellow streaked sunset framing the skeletal silhouettes of a pair of weathered oak trees. A couple of crows are nestled among their boughs, and I can just make out the tangle of a bird's nest tucked up next to the trunk. It is, as is common in south-west Britain, overcast.

But beautiful nevertheless.



As is typical during winter, it's cold. And dark. And wet. But, my friends, not with snow. No, no, no, Mother Nature does not allow any snow to fall around where I live. Instead, it rains.

And rains.

And rains some more.

1 interpolation(s):

Brooke said...

Aw, what pretty pictures! I didn't notice the bird on the branch of your last picture at first.


About Us =)

My photo
I'm not really sure anymore. I really want to sleep.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
All content copyrighted 2010/2011 by US. Nothing may be copied without permission. Powered by Blogger.
Blog Design by Tabby Cat Designs