Announcements:

•Swirly Girl• says:

Welcome to the Lives of Swirly and Speed!


♠Speed♠ says:

*Sigh* Hopefully Swirly will return soon! This blog won't be the same without her, even if it is only for a month...

Thank you to everyone who filled out the survey! :) It is much appreciated!

Followers

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

100th Post Party

Glitter text generator

Welcome, readers, to the 100th post party! This is a post made by *both* creators, so don't be fooled when you read who posted it. Right now, this is ♠Speed♠, and I'm going to post some photography in the name of Autumn.












This was the only green tree. :P


























HELP! ACK! I WAS HELD HOSTAGE! (Yeah I know I'm too old to Photoshop immature things :D)



To Swirly Girl: You were the first Blogger I had ever met, and you have stayed by my side the ENTIRE time. You are a true friend :) Here is what I remember from my first ever day at blogger (I have a good memory):


Anonymous said...

Hi my name's Swiftkit and I was abandoned by my parents in a forest fire. Can I please join WildClan? I am a small black and white tom-kit with blue eyes.

Catlover said...

Of course you can, Swiftkit! We'll make a nest for you in the nursery right away, and I'll get one of the queens to take care of you. Thanks for joining!

*sighs* :') My first day on Blogger. Swirly Girl (Catlover then) had an awesome Clan, WildClan! I stumbled across it on an advertising comment on WarriorsWish and thought I'd check it out. ~ Speed

To Silverleaf:
Silverleaf, you were the one I looked up to, in my early days of Blogger. (It was you, Glowstream, and Goldenstream actually :D) And I hope you get the chance to read this soon, but if you don't, that's okay. I was really upset when I found out that you were in the hospital..... and I wish the best of luck to you, so GET WELL SOON! ~ Speed

And this is Swirly, adding on to Speed's post before she's posted the pictures. Well, she has now. Duh. I hope you enjoy the party! To start with for moi, I've written some poetry and a short story description thingie. I hope you like it!
Can time freeze, the way the winter cold
blows over the innocent forests?
Can time freeze, the way I sit there in my room,
watching with an open heart?
Because when I see the trees,
the redyellowgolden leaves,
I feel a sort of unEarthly pull.
To run outside.
To leave all I've known behind.
And to become, one of nature.
It's raining, but I don't feel afraid,
quite the opposite, I feel at home.
I gaze around me, forgetting everything,
is this my home?
Because when I see the trees,
the redyellowgolden leaves,
I feel a sort of unEarthly pull.
To run outside.
To leave all I've known behind.
And to become, one of nature...
While I was writing this, I sung it =)
This next one is from my novel...

All content below is (c) 2010 Swirly Girl. All rights reserved.
Calm, clear blue waves lapped gently against the beige-toned shore with a comforting gurgling sound. Silver moonlight dappled the shadows of the palm trees which grew further up the shore. Other than a few scraggly, weather-worn bushes, the island was deprived of any life.
Or so it seemed.
A ripple, which had begun a little way away from the coast, was now becoming bigger and more defined as it headed nearer and nearer this forgotten patch of land. Every so often, what looked like a fish’s tail flickered above the surface for a millisecond before disappearing below once more.
As the ripple came closer, a silhouette formed in the shallow water: A mermaid, with outstretched arms and a long, winding tail. Her hair flowed around her like a cloud of smoke and her movements were so swift, they almost ceased to exist. In the mermaid’s right hand, she clutched a conch shell, and in her left, a bag crafted out of limp rope from a fishing boat.
A few more flicks of her tail and she was perched on a broad, flat stone by the water’s edge, her tail throwing diamond lights on the smooth surface. She twitched her fingers impatiently, occasionally flipping her long, chestnut-brown hair and twiddling the loose strands that were already beginning to dry.
After ten minutes – or it could have been more – a harsh rumbling sound pierced the air. A speedboat zoomed into view, churning up water and sand in its wake. The mermaid slid down into the sea and raced over toward it just as a young man dressed in faded khakis and a thin cotton shirt stepped down, water swirling around his knees.
“Azure, it’s…it’s been too long.” The man’s expression was a mixture of love and pain as he took the mermaid’s hand.
“Chris,” Azure cried frantically, staring into the man’s eyes, “I-I need to leave.”
Chris blinked. “But…why?”
Azure didn’t meet his eyes; instead, she let them drift to the ocean floor, as though memorizing the patterns there.
“Azure?”
Azure placed the hand with the shell protectively over her stomach.
Chris gasped.
“Exactly.” Tears began to spill down her cheeks, and she gazed up at Chris through water-streaked eyes. “If anyone finds out…”
Chris dropped Azure’s hand to clench his fists. “They won’t,” he growled. “And even if they do, they won’t touch a single hair on our baby’s head without getting past me first.”
“Our baby,” Azure echoed distantly.
“Yes.” Despite the anger, his eyes softened a little and his lips twitched into a ghost of a smile. He took hold of Azure’s hand again, stroking it with his fingertips. “Do you really have to leave?” he breathed, desperation burning in his green eyes.
“I-I wish I didn’t,” she sobbed. “But I have to. For our baby’s sake. And for our sake, too. If anyone finds out and reports it to Regina…” She trailed away, burrowing her face into Chris’ chest.
Chris fingered her hair lovingly. “I’ll never forget you, and never stop loving you,” he murmured, his voice thick with emotion. Then he noticed the conch shell and rope bag. “What are they for?”
Azure handed him both objects. “They’re everything you ever gave me,” she sniffed. “The bag is full of them. I can’t keep them, in case…well, you know, but I would never want to get rid of them. Ever.”
Chris bundled the bag carefully into his boat. “I’ll keep them safe,” he promised. “For when we next see each other.”
Azure felt a wave of shock hit her stronger than any current. “Don’t you see?” she snapped, harsher than she meant for it to come out. “We’ll never see each other again. Never, ever.” Her tail lashed fumingly, spraying both of them with water. “We should never have let this go this far, anyway.”
Chris gaped at her. “Never…ever…again?”
“No.”
“Well, then.” He bowed his head, but even then Azure could see the glimmer of tears at the corners of his eyes. “I guess this is…goodbye.” His voice broke on the last word.
“Goodbye, Chris,” Azure babbled. “I love you. Goodbye. Keep safe. Promise me you’ll keep safe.”
“I promise.” Chris spoke slowly, picking his words out carefully. “I love you, too, Azure. Goodbye.”
And then he was starting the speedboat’s engine and disappearing into the engulfing shadows of the night, not glancing back even once at the mermaid he loved.
Azure watched him go long after he had vanished from sight.
If anyone copies this, well...*cracks knuckles*
To Speed:
Wow. To think we're only Internet friends is quite an amazing feat, cuz we've shared laughs, troubles and secrets, just like real friends. But what *is* the definition of a real friend?
1. Someone who understands you
2. Someone who knows you extremely well, sometimes better than your parents
3. Someone you can trust
4. Someone who makes you smile when days are gray
5. Someone you can truly be yourself around
Speed, you are everything except two and maybe five ;) But anyway, you get the point...
Thank you, Speed!
And now...
Put this on your blog and tell others to do the same in a post if you agree with me.
To make an ocean, you first need a single drop of water.
To go on a journey of a thousand miles, you first need to take a single step.
To make a rainbow, you first need to put up with the rain.
Thank you, everyone. You are my drop of water, my single step, my rainstorm.
Thanks.

And this is ♠Speedy♠ again, announcing the contest winner! And the winner is...okay there's sorta two winners, because I couldn't decide between the two of them. So the winners are...Glitter text generatorYay!


Swirly Girl says...Congrats! Post a comment under here with a description of ANY custom item you'd like, and I'll make it!






Thank you, all readers of The Lives of Swirly and Speed! Goodbye until the next post!




Text generator and
Glitter text generator

3 interpolation(s):

abigail viktoria said...

Whoo-hoo!!! Cool!

So, can I have a header for Blueville? http://shadowsanimetown.blogspot.com

colours: Blue, red, purple
two or three column: uh, i have double sidebar, but a three column header fits that too.
other decorations: could you have like, the silouette of a city in the background??
text: BLUEVILLE
the anime town of awesomeness!
font: anything really cool!

squid said...

:) Congrats! You won! Swirly, you got control of the order?

Strypes said...

YAY! I'm a winner :D

wow... I really like your writing Swirly. All that crazy romantic shtuff? Hehe... I have fun writing things like that.

Happy 100th post yall!!!


About Us =)

My photo
I'm not really sure anymore. I really want to sleep.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
All content copyrighted 2010/2011 by US. Nothing may be copied without permission. Powered by Blogger.
Blog Design by Tabby Cat Designs